Your source in gaming and computing news.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

RECENTLY READ BOOKS (WTF ARE YOU READING?!)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
OscarxGrind

PostSubject: RECENTLY READ BOOKS (WTF ARE YOU READING?!)   Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:03 pm

Ayn Rand - Atlas Shrugged. Only have about 200ish more pages to read through.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Haunter
Admin

PostSubject: Re: RECENTLY READ BOOKS (WTF ARE YOU READING?!)   Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:48 am

More then likely gonna be looking into that one soon myself. And christ almighty edit down dem pictures smaller study
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://digitaldisruption.halofight.com
OscarxGrind

PostSubject: Re: RECENTLY READ BOOKS (WTF ARE YOU READING?!)   Thu May 16, 2013 5:45 pm

Triflin' motherfucker!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OscarxGrind

PostSubject: Re: RECENTLY READ BOOKS (WTF ARE YOU READING?!)   Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:33 am

I've heard many people say that Catcher in the Rye is their favorite book. And a lot of those people live on tumblr. Where they fucking belong! But seriously, this is my Catcher in the Rye.

I have read that book, and while I do find it to be really quite good, it just didn't change my life in any way like it seems to have done for so many before me. That's where The Savage Detectives comes into play.

This entire book plays out so nonsensically, like Catcher, but unlike that book, this is based on the writer's youth and the people he hung out with in the 60s and 70s -- snobs, literary lechers, book thieves, exiles, so on. Poets and authors like Roberto Bolano were actually exiled and murdered for writing the kinds of poems that they wrote; hated within their home countries to the point they could never return. And all for writing about the living conditions of the poor, for talking about the government, for having an opinion instead of eating the processed government propaganda bullshit.

One line, from the page I'm currently on kind of speaks for the way it's played out until now:

"To whom do you wish to speak?"
  "To Maria or Angelica," I said, feeling stupid and scared at the same time.
  "This is Angelica," said the voice. "To whom am I speaking?"
  "It's Juan," I said.
  "Hello, Juan. How are you?"
  It can't be Angelica, I thought, it simply can't be. But then I thought that everyone living in that house was crazy, so maybe it was possible after all.
"I'm fine," I said, shaking. "Is Maria there?"
"No," said the voice.
"All right, I'll call again," I said.
"Do you want to leave her a message?"
"No!" I said and hung up.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RECENTLY READ BOOKS (WTF ARE YOU READING?!)   

Back to top Go down

RECENTLY READ BOOKS (WTF ARE YOU READING?!)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1