Your source in gaming and computing news.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Ben Foster Details His Role In The World Of Warcraft Film

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Haunter
Admin

PostSubject: Ben Foster Details His Role In The World Of Warcraft Film   Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:11 am

Quote :
"The character in Warcraft that I play is named Medivh. He's a mage, which is essentially a sorcerer," Foster revealed. "He came up in a time protecting an area, and the way he protected this area was through magic. As peace returned to this land he took a break. He hung up his staff, so to speak, or let his guns get dusty. We meet him as his friends are returning asking for his help in a battle."

Foster continued, "What's exciting about Duncan Jones' take on this video game is that it shows both sides of the war. It shows both sides of a conflict, which is exciting to me. It's not just a video game turned into a movie. It's asking, hopefully, an important question of, where do we limit our compassion for what we consider to be the bad guys?"

The actor praised visual effects house ILM and the work they've already done on Warcraft. "The way that they're pushing motion-capture -- I just saw some of the test footage -- it's unlike anything I've ever seen. It's performance-capture. It pushes it to the next level. It's going to be one helluva 3D event."

Foster clarified that Medivh is not a performance-capture character. "No, mine's not, but there are interactions with a lot of characters that are. There are a lot of different kinds of creatures in this picture that I interact with."

Warcraft is slated to hit theaters March 11, 2016.
Source
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://digitaldisruption.halofight.com

Ben Foster Details His Role In The World Of Warcraft Film
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1